Re: Documentation: OMAPDSS: move sysfs documentation to ABI

From: Tomi Valkeinen
Date: Tue Jan 02 2018 - 05:17:25 EST

Hi,

On 02/01/18 10:54, Aishwarya Pant wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Documentation/arm/OMAP/DSS, there is a description of the DSS and FB sysfs
> interfaces which could be moved to Documentation/ABI.
>
> Would such a change be useful? I can see that the sysfs interface is still in
> testing.
>
> The ABI documentation format looks like the following:
>
> What: (the full sysfs path of the attribute)
> Date: (date of creation)
> KernelVersion: (kernel version it first showed up in)
> Contact: (primary contact)
>
> I am doing this in an exercise to move sysfs ABI interfaces (which are
> documented) to their right place i.e. in Documentation/ABI along with the rest.

The Documentation/arm/OMAP/DSS document is for omapfb driver, which is
deprecated by the omapdrm driver. I haven't maintained omapfb for some
time now, but I guess it still works ok. I hope we can drop omapfb at
some point in the future.

There probably are still omapfb users out there, so the ABI is valid,
but I'd say it's quite at the bottom of the priority list.

Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki