Re: dvb usb issues since kernel 4.9

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Jan 07 2018 - 16:23:47 EST

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Em Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:04:16 +0100
> "Josef Griebichler" <griebichler.josef@xxxxxx> escreveu:
>>
>> the causing commit has been identified.
>> After reverting commit https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4cd13c21b207e80ddb1144c576500098f2d5f882
>> its working again.
>
> Just replying to me won't magically fix this. The ones that were involved on
> this patch should also be c/c, plus USB people. Just added them.

Actually, you seem to have added an odd subset of the people involved.

For example, Ingo - who actually committed that patch - wasn't on the cc.

I do think we need to simply revert that patch. It's very simple: it
has been reported to lead to actual problems for people, and we don't
fix one problem and then say "well, it fixed something else" when
something breaks.

When something breaks, we either unbreak it, or we revert the change
that caused the breakage.

It's really that simple. That's what "no regressions" means. We don't
accept changes that cause regressions. This one did.

Linus