Re: ipv6 redefinition build issue with 4.15-rc8

From: Hauke Mehrtens
Date: Wed Jan 17 2018 - 03:34:18 EST

On 01/17/2018 08:59 AM, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> On 01/16/2018 07:51 PM, Neil MacLeod wrote:
>> Since this commit in 4.15-rc8:
>>
>> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/6926e041a8920c8ec27e4e155efa760aa01551fd
>>

>> building connman 1.35 with glibc 2.26 now fails as follows:
>>
>> http://ix.io/EbP
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is a kernel issue, a glibc issue, or a connman
>> issue.
>>
>> Reverting the kernel commit resolves the issue, but isn't ideal
>> (unless it's the correct solution, of course).
>>
>> Does anyone have any better ideas?
>
> Since ConnMan does not redefine 'struct in6_addr' and friends I would
> say it is kernel/glibc header include problem. But I might be wrong here.
>
> @Hauke: Do you happen to know what is going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Hi,

my assumption is that connman uses a strange include order. Can you try
to remove the #include <linux/libc-compat.h> from from
include/uapi/linux/if_ether.h please. This would not be the final
solution but would help to understand the problem better.

I will look into this more closely in the evening.

Hauke