Re: [patch -mm 3/4] mm, memcg: replace memory.oom_group with policy tunable

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Thu Jan 25 2018 - 03:11:41 EST

On Wed 24-01-18 14:08:05, Andrew Morton wrote:
[...]
> Can we please try to narrow the scope of this issue by concentrating on
> the userspace interfaces? David believes that the mount option and
> memory.oom_group will disappear again in the near future, others
> disagree.

Mount option is the cgroups maintainers call. And they seemed to be OK
with it.
I've tried to explain that oom_group is something that is semantically
sane and something we want to support because there are workloads which
simply do not work properly when only a subset is torn down. As such it
is not an API hazard AFAICS.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs