Re: [v2] Coccinelle: zalloc-simple: Delete function âkmem_cache_allocâ from SmPL rules

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Wed Jan 31 2018 - 12:28:39 EST

> I removed the blank line at EOF,
> then applied to linux-kbuild/misc.

I have taken another look at this script for the semantic patch language.
I imagined that I could refactor the shown SmPL disjunctions a bit.
But I noticed then that these SmPL rules contain a development mistake.

The deletion for a call of the function âmemsetâ depends on the specification
that a size determination is passed by the expression âE1â.
The function âkmem_cache_allocâ was specified despite of the technical detail
that this function does not get a parameter passed which would correspond
to such a size information.
https://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15/source/tools/testing/radix-tree/linux/slab.h#L14
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/tools/testing/radix-tree/linux/slab.h?id=537659c08a7da298aa748854f65f2aa1f31b1378#n14

Thus I suggest to remove it from the first two SmPL rules and omit the rule âr4â.
Will the rule set be more consistent then?

Regards,
Markus