Re: [GIT PULL] siginfo fix for 4.16-rc1

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Wed Jan 31 2018 - 14:57:44 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 8:19 AM, Eric W. Biederman
> <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I had a brain fart when I received Stephen email about a compile failure
>> in linux-next. I thought the powerpc call to memory_failure had not
>> merged yet. Instead it simply failed to compile :(
>>
>> Linus can you please pull Stephen's fix so that powerpc builds correctly.
>
> I fixed this up in the merge already, afaik. Or is there some other failure?

My bad. I missed you fixed it in the merge.

I received a kbuild failure against linux-next this morning, and I
realized the build failure was against code that was already in 2.15 so
I should have patched and fixed that myself.

At which point I assumed the failure was because my siginfo code had
been merged into your tree.

Looking again you definitely fixed this in the merge. So I don't know
the story of the broken kbuild of linux-next. But I assume it will
sort itself out when the dust clears.

Apologies for the noise,
Eric