Re: Regression for ip6-in-ip4 IPsec tunnel in 4.14.16

From: Yves-Alexis Perez
Date: Thu Feb 08 2018 - 07:40:41 EST

On Wed, 2018-02-07 at 20:46 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Maybe. I tried with removing the MTU setting, and I get (on ping again)
>
> fÃvr. 07 20:44:01 scapa kernel: mtu: 1266
>
> which means I would get -EINVAL on standards kernels, which is not really good
> either.

Actually after rebooting on the Debian 4.14.17 kernel, with the outter MTU
unset (or set to 1360), I don't get the -EINVAL anymore, so maybe it'd be OK.

Unfortunately I have the feeling that debugging this will be a bit tricky for
other people. MTU tuning for tunnels are always a bit confusing, but having
the kernel return EINVAL on a ping doesn't really help narrowing it down to
that MTU setting. Not sure if some kind of logging could be added to help?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis