Re: Adjustments for a lot of function implementations

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Feb 10 2018 - 03:40:21 EST

>> Do any contributors get into the mood to take another look at software updates
>> from my selection of change possibilities in a more constructive way?
>>
>> Do you need any additional development resources?
>
> One last time: either post per-driver patches with all the cleanups for a driver
> in a single patch,

I find such a change combination unsafe.

> or a per-directory patch (drivers/media/pci, usb, etc) doing the same cleanup
> for all drivers in that directory.

Would you dare to apply any (of my) scripts for the semantic patch language
directly on the whole directory for multi-media software?

> I prefer the first approach, but it's up to you.

Can you handle bigger patches really better than similar patch series?

> We don't have the time to wade through dozens of one-liner cleanup patches.

Are there any further possibilities to consider around consequences
from a general change resistance?

Will any development (or management) tools like âquilt foldâ make the regrouping
of possible update steps more convenient and safer?

Regards,
Markus