Re: [GIT PULL] arm64 spectre and meltdown mitigations for v4.14-stable

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Feb 14 2018 - 08:56:15 EST

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:38:01AM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> As mentioned by Will, I have created the v4.14 counterpart of his stable
> backport of the arm64/ARM Spectre/Meltdown mitigations that have been pulled
> into v4.16-rc1.
>
> Given that this is the v4.15 version backported to v4.14, I have removed any
> mention of 'conflicts' from the commit logs as they are now ambiguous. The
> patches applied surprisingly cleanly, I only needed to drop two patches that
> are already in (the same ones Will mentioned in his PR), and drop another one
> dealing with SPE, support for which did not exist yet in v4.14. I also included
> the patch
>
> arm64: move TASK_* definitions to <asm/processor.h>
>
> from v4.15 to make Robin's Spectre v1 patches apply more cleanly.

I've queued these up now, but if you could pull the whole quilt tree and
verify I got things right, that would be great. There was some
conflicts with a few previous patches I had already queued up that
touched some "Falkor" errata code.

Specifically 932b50c7c1c65e6f23002e075b97ee083c4a9e71 "arm64: Add
software workaround for Falkor erratum 1041" is the offending patch. I
think I resolved the merge issues properly, but verifying this would be
wonderful.

thanks,

greg k-h