Re: Linux & FAT32 label

From: Karel Zak
Date: Thu Feb 15 2018 - 05:21:25 EST

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:54:30PM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 February 2018 22:52:33 Pali Rohár wrote:

> > > Seems good. I'll wait for official pull request. Thanks!

> > > OK.
> >
> > Looks like that Andreas is not responding to mailing list, nor to
> > private emails, nor on github for 3-4 months ... I hope he is OK.
> >
> > But I do not know what happened with dosfstools project now in this
> > case, if it is going to be fixed or not.
> >
> > I have prepared more patches for dosfstools project, but do not know if
> > I should open new pull requests or wait (how long?) or do something
> > else.
> >
> > If it helps for somebody, I can create fork of dosfstools project and
> > include there all changes which I have prepared.

I think fork is possible way if you (or someone else) want to maintain
dosfstools.

Please, try to talk about the current situation with downstream
dosfstools maintainers from Debian, Suse, Fedora/RHEL, Gentoo, ...

It's always good to have support from distros before you fork anything.
Nobody wants to use unmaintained stuff in distros so I guess you will see
positive feedback.

> > Karel, do you want to create official pull request for above util-linux
> > changes, even without fixes in dosfstools project?

I have no problem with the pull request, but if you want to try to
fork dosfstools I can wait for any conclusion.

Karel

--
Karel Zak <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
http://karelzak.blogspot.com