[GIT PULL] Audit patches for v4.17

From: Paul Moore
Date: Tue Apr 03 2018 - 17:15:36 EST

Hi Linus,

We didn't have anything to send for v4.16, but we're back with a
little more than usual for v4.17. Eleven patches in total, most fall
into the small fix category, but there are three non-trivial changes
worth calling out: the audit entry filter is being removed after
deprecating it for quite a while (years of no one really using it
because it turns out to be not very practical), created our own
version of "__mutex_owner()" because the locking folks were upset we
were using theirs, improved our handling of kernel command line
parameters to make them more forgiving, and we fixed auditing of
symlink operations.

Everything passes the audit-testsuite and as of a few minutes ago it
merges well with your tree.

Please pull, thanks.
-Paul
--
The following changes since commit d8a5b80568a9cb66810e75b182018e9edb68e8ff:

Linux 4.15 (2018-01-28 13:20:33 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pcmoore/audit.git tags/audit-pr-
20180403

for you to fetch changes up to ea841bafda3f7f9aa8b06a09f0f3e41c207af84f:

audit: add refused symlink to audit_names (2018-03-21 11:31:03 -0400)

audit/stable-4.17 PR 20180403

Greg Edwards (1):
audit: do not panic on invalid boot parameter

Paul Moore (1):
audit: track the owner of the command mutex ourselves

Richard Guy Briggs (9):
audit: update bugtracker and source URIs
audit: session ID should not set arch quick field pointer
audit: deprecate the AUDIT_FILTER_ENTRY filter
audit: bail before bug check if audit disabled
audit: return on memory error to avoid null pointer dereference
audit: make ANOM_LINK obey audit_enabled and audit_dummy_context
audit: link denied should not directly generate PATH record
audit: remove path param from link denied function
audit: add refused symlink to audit_names

Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt | 14 +--
MAINTAINERS | 1 -
fs/namei.c | 5 +-
include/linux/audit.h | 6 +-
kernel/audit.c | 108 +++++++++++++++++-------