RE: kernel panics with 4.14.X versions

From: Dexuan Cui
Date: Thu Apr 19 2018 - 17:38:01 EST

The patch's changelog says "... this behavior results in a kernel panic."
This sounds like a reference to corrupt memory causes a page fault or
general protection fault.

But what I saw is only a lockup rather than a kernel panic:
watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#10 stuck for 22s! [java:87260]"

So I guess what I saw can be a different unresolved issue?

-- Dexuan