Re: [regression v4.17-rc0] Re: FORTIFY_SOURCE breaks ARM compilation in -next -- was Re: ARM compile failure in Re: linux-next: Tree for Apr 4

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Apr 20 2018 - 15:15:31 EST

Hi!

> >> Hi! Sorry I lost this email in my inbox. It seems this is specific to
> >> a particular subset of arm architectures? (My local builds of arm all
> >> succeed, for example. Can you send your failing config?) I'll take a
> >> closer look on Monday if Daniel doesn't beat me to it.
> >
> > Daniel, Kees: any news?
> >
> > I'm aware you did not specify which Monday :-).
>
> Hi! Sorry, I got distracted. So the .config you sent me builds fine
> with my cross compiler. I suspect this is something specific to ELDK's
> compiler. I can try some other compiler versions. What version of gcc
> is failing?

I have:

pavel@duo:/data/l/linux-n900$ arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc --version
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 4.7.2
pavel@duo:/data/l/linux-n900$ arm-linux-gnueabi-ld --version
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.23.1.20121113

Let me try with eldk-5.6:

pavel@duo:/data/l/linux-n900$ arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc --version
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 4.8.2
pavel@duo:/data/l/linux-n900$ arm-linux-gnueabi-ld --version
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.24

make lib/string.o

Seems to succeed, so I guess full build will succeed, too...

Pavel