CLOCK_MONOTONIC, BOOTTIME, suspend and screensaver regression

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Apr 24 2018 - 08:07:10 EST

Hi!

In 4.17-rc1 I have weird problems with network manager... and I also
have screensaver kicking just after resume.

Searching the git logs:

- The most interesting change is the consolidation of clock
MONOTONIC
and clock BOOTTIME.

Clock MONOTONIC behaves now exactly like clock BOOTTIME and
does
not longer ignore the time spent in suspend. A new
clock
MONOTONIC_ACTIVE is provived which behaves like
clock MONOTONIC in
kernels before this change. This allows applications
programmatically check for the clock MONOTONIC
behaviour.

As discussed in the review thread, this has the potential of
breaking user space and we might have to revert
this. Knock on wood
that we can avoid that exercise.

...I believe you are breaking userspace for me. How can we check that?

Pavel