Probe HD-audio devices in parallel (was: azx_probe() called twice)

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Wed Apr 25 2018 - 08:38:45 EST

Dear Takashi,

On 04/25/18 14:34, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:29:31 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:

On 04/25/18 13:58, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:48:27 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:

With the attached debug patch, `azx_probe()` seems to have been called
twice on the ASRock E350M1. Is that expected? It also differs, that
itâs only called once during some boots, and twice during others.

How many HD-audio devices does it have?

Iâd say one (ALC892), but how do I verify that?

I meant HD-audio controllers.

Please find lspci and Linux logs attached from an older boot with Linux 4.11.
00:01.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler HDMI Audio
00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) (rev 40)

So you have two HD-audio controllers (one for HDMI/DP and another for
Realtek codec). It's expected behavior that azx_probe() gets called
twice.

True. Too many log files I looked at lately, and I got confused. Sorry for the noise.

Could the probe theoretically be done in parallel?

Kind regards,

Paul