[ANNOUNCE] Kconfiglib menuconfig implementation
From: Ulf Magnusson
Date: Mon Apr 30 2018 - 20:57:12 EST
Kconfiglib (https://github.com/ulfalizer/Kconfiglib) now has a
terminal menuconfig implementation, implemented in plain curses
(which is in the Python standard library).
The interface should feel familiar to people used to mconf. It has
some features that mconf lacks:
- Seamless resizing
- Unicode support
- Runs on Windows (via 'pip install windows-curses', which uses
- Improved information displays:
* All expressions are split into readable chunks
* Menus and comments have information displays
- Relatively easy-to-read and easy-to-tweak code.
Kconfiglib automatically invalidates symbols as needed, and
values can never get stale, which helps.
Some upcoming features are mouse support and a search feature that
can jump directly to the definition of a symbol. The jump-to feature
will use a "show-all" mode in case the symbol isn't visible.
See the Kconfiglib GitHub page for screenshots. The menuconfig
implementation is at
The docstring at the top has some more information.