Re: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches

From: Theodore Y. Ts'o
Date: Fri May 04 2018 - 19:37:22 EST

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 09:51:14PM +0000, Sasha Levin wrote:
> I don't have an objection to moving this to it's own tag. It will make
> my scripts somewhat simpler for sure.

It's not a matter "moving this it's own tag", but creating a new tag
--- because what is in the docs is a lie. It does not describe what
we do today. And current practice is the reality, not what is in the
docs.

As to whether we should create a new tag to support explicit
dependencies, I'll leave that between you and Greg K-H and the rest of
the stable maintainers. :-)

- Ted