Re: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches

From: Dan Williams
Date: Wed May 09 2018 - 12:04:38 EST

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:47 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:03:46 +0900 Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Since Stephen merges all -fixes branches first, before merging all the
>> > -next branches, he already generates that as part of linux-next. All
>> > he'd need to do is push that intermediate state out to some
>> > linux-fixes branch for consumption by test bots.
>
> Good idea ... I will see what I can do.
>
>> True. It's currently only those -fixes branches that people have asked
>> him to merge separately which isn't as big a proportion of trees as have
>> them (perhaps fortunately given people's enthusiasm for fixes branches
>> that don't merge cleanly with their development branches) so we'd also
>> need to encourage people to add them separately.
>
> I currently have 44 such fixes branches. More welcome!

Please add:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm.git
libnvdimm-fixes

We currently merge this into libnvdimm-for-next for -next coverage,
and resolve any conflicts vs new development. Do you want to see those
conflicts? Otherwise I would recommend only pulling libnvdimm-for-next
for -next and libnvdimm-fixes for this new -next-fixes effort.