Re: cross-compiling a 64-bit kernel on a 32-bit host

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Thu May 10 2018 - 23:39:59 EST

Hi Josh,

CC LKP team.

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 05:36:19PM -0500, Josh Poimboeuf wrote:
Hi Fengguang,

I occasionally get compilation bug reports from people who are
cross-compiling an x86-64 kernel target on an x86-32 host.

Any chance the 0-day build bot could test that configuration? I think
just building a defconfig would be sufficient. It would help sort out
issues in objtool and other host-built scripts.

To do that we'll need to create a new build chroot. Julie/Philip
should be able to evaluate the efforts and do the plan.

Thanks,
Fengguang