Re: Revert "dmaengine: pl330: add DMA_PAUSE feature"

From: Frank Mori Hess
Date: Tue May 22 2018 - 09:33:19 EST

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 11:37 PM, Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well looks like even adding support for sync_pause doesn't solve your issue on
> pl330. Do you want to move this to PIO mode then..?

I'm not sure what you think my issue is with the pl330, are you
confusing me with Marek? My position is that pause is unsupported by
the pl330 at the hardware level. Nothing the pl330.c driver or
dmaengine api or 8250 serial driver does will change that. That is
why I sent a patch to remove pause support from pl330.c. The rest is
just trying to fix some bugs in mainline Linux I hit when I was a
naive youngster who thought Linux support for the computer world's
canonical serial uart could be counted on to move data from point A to
point B. In truth though, I've already concluded it's not worth it to
slog though the linux kernel development process just to clean up
other people's messes. I've already fixed my issues out-of-tree. I
don't mind answering questions if anyone else cares about the issue
though. Other than that, I think I'll just be ghosting out now.

--
Frank