Re: Slab out of bounds in setxattr

From: shankarapailoor
Date: Sat Jun 02 2018 - 00:07:00 EST

Hi,

Looking at the crash some more, it seems that if value_len > PAGE_SIZE
then e_buf->max_size is rounded up nearest page size [1]. If a new
attribute is added with value_len < e_buf->max_size - EA_SIZE(ea) then
no new space is allocated for the attiribute list [2] and this
triggers the KASAN slab out of bounds error. This is the case in the C
repro I provided.

1. https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.17-rc7/source/fs/jfs/xattr.c#L501
2. https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.17-rc7/source/fs/jfs/xattr.c#L723

--