Re: [RFC 0/1] mconf: Emacs-like isearch

From: Dirk Gouders
Date: Wed Jun 06 2018 - 19:57:05 EST

Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 06/06/2018 03:32 PM, Dirk Gouders wrote:
>> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Not being an emacs user, what is the "de" for above?
>>
>> "de" (with my .config) causes a match for "Device Drivers" --
>> no other menu entry matching the string "de" is befor that entry.
>>

> Device Drivers is the first match for me also.
>
> To get to the USB drivers, I have to enter:
> CTRL-s de ENTER ENTER CTRL-s usb ENTER ENTER

Yes, I left out the second CTRL-s, thank you!

Oh well, I shouldn't have sent this late at night, then I would probably
have explained the needed input as:

1) CTRL-s // start isearch
2) de // substring that matches "Device Drivers"
3) ENTER // quit isearch
4) ENTER // enter Device Drivers menu
5) CTRL-s // start isearch
6) usb // navigate to USB support
7) ENTER // quit isearch
8) ENTER // enter USB support menu

Again, I'm really sorry for the confusion.

Dirk