Re: next-20180605 - kernel tried to execute NX-protected page - exploit attempt?

From: valdis . kletnieks
Date: Thu Jun 07 2018 - 18:41:44 EST

On Thu, 07 Jun 2018 17:14:01 -0400, Mike Snitzer said:
> Can you please share what you test is? We've gotten lots of reports
> with failure following wake_up but I don't have a canned test to trigger

Just a laptop with 16G of RAM, no clear reproducer - Chrome with a lot of
tabs, a mail reader, a bunch of SSH windows, and the next thing I know, it's
locked up good and solid with wreckage in /sys/fs/pstore :)

I got bit a third time a little while ago. Will test the patches and see if
they help - looks like I'm averaging two hours or so of active use before it
hits, so it shouldn't take long before I know if the issue is swatted...