Re: what trees/branches to test on syzbot

From: Tetsuo Handa
Date: Sat Jun 09 2018 - 02:39:45 EST

On 2018/01/22 22:32, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 6:34 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> The problem is testing linux-next and then using get-maintainer.pl to
>>> report the problem.
>>>
>>> If you are resource limited I would start by testing Linus's tree to
>>> find the existing bugs, and to get a baseline. Using get-maintainer.pl
>>> is fine for sending emails to developers there.
>>
>> I second this, almost all of the issues you are hitting are usually in
>> Linus's tree. Let's make that "clean" first, before messing around and
>> adding 100+ other random developer's trees into the mix :)
>
> FTR I've just dropped linux-next and mmots from syzbot.

I hope that we can test linux-next on syzbot, as a tree for testing debug
printk() patches. People do not like sending debug printk() patches to
Linus's tree, while majority of bugs are found in Linus's tree.

We could automatically expire (and delete) reports found in linux-next from
the table at https://syzkaller.appspot.com/ if the bug was not reproduced
for some time (e.g. one week or one month).