Re: ACPI support in common clock framework

From: okaya
Date: Thu Jun 14 2018 - 07:07:53 EST

On 2018-06-14 06:58, Srinath Mannam wrote:
Thank you Andy,

Regards,
Srinath.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+Cc: Rafael, ACPI ML

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Srinath Mannam
<srinath.mannam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Michael, Stephen,

We are adding ACPI support in our Linux based platform.
At present our clock hierarchy using common clock framework through DTS.
Now we required ACPI support in common clock framework to upgrade our platform.

For example, clk_get API called in many drivers to get clock device is
tightly coupled with DT framework.

Please let us know, if anybody in Open Source community have plans to
add ACPI support for common clock framework.
If not please suggest us alternative method to use common clock
framework in ACPI use case.

Are you hooking up clk apis to PS0/PS3 calls?

Clk api didn't play nice with acpi until now.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Srinath.

--