Re: [GIT PULL] fscache and cachefiles fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 25 2018 - 14:13:43 EST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 7:02 AM David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can you pull these fixes for fscache and cachefiles please?

I've pulled them, but I'm not happy about it. They are all *very* new.

Why do they have commit times literally *minutes* before your email to
ask me to pull?

What kind of testing have these gotten?

Seriously, if I get a pull request with commits this new, I want to
have an *explanation*. The explanation could be "I use quilt, and this
underwent lots of testing outside of git", but the explanation should
be there!

I took them because they look simple enough, but that still leaves me grumpy.

Linus