[PATCH v9 0/6] provide power off support for iMX6 with external PMIC
From: Oleksij Rempel
Date: Thu Aug 02 2018 - 12:03:26 EST
- remove include <linux/kallsyms.h>
- rebase against current regulator/for-next branch and test it.
- as result of previous discussions:
- there is no need to remove "syscon-poweroff" node, it is by default
- supported PFUZE version is tested by pfuze_power_off_prepare_init()
- advantages or disadvantages of using this power off method should
be described in NXP SoC or PMIC documentation, not in change log or
v8 is a rebase against kernel v4.18-rc6. No other changes are made.
Added: linux-imx@xxxxxxx and yibin.gong@xxxxxxx to the CC.
update patches to version v7
This patch series is providing power off support for Freescale/NXP iMX6 based
boards with external power management integrated circuit (PMIC).
As a first step the PMIC is configured to turn off the system if the
standby pin is asserted. On second step we assert the standby pin.
For this reason we need to use pm_power_off_prepare.
Usage of stnadby pin for power off is described in official iMX6
As this patch set touches multiple subsystems I think it would make
sense for Shawn Guo to take the all patch set.
The only part which didn't receive an ACK is regulator stuff. So I would
hope that Mark Brown can ACK it.
Adding Linus. Probably there is no maintainer for this patch set.
No changes are made, tested on v4.15-rc1.
Last version of this patch set was send at 20 Jun 2017, this is a rebase against
kernel v4.14-rc6. Probably this set got lost. If I forgot to address some comments,
please point me.
- use EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(pm_power_off_prepare) instead of EXPORT_SYMBOL
- call imx6q_suspend_finish() directly without cpu_suspend()
- rename imx6_pm_poweroff to imx6_pm_stby_poweroff
- fix "MPIC_STBY_REQ" typo in the comment.
- remove useless includes from pm-imx6.c patch
- add Acked-by to "regulator: pfuze100: add fsl,pmic-stby-poweroff property"
- update comment in "regulator: pfuze100: add fsl,pmic-stby-poweroff ..."
- add Acked-by to "ARM: imx6q: provide documentation for new ..."
- set pm_power_off_prepare = NULL on .remove.
- documentation and spelling fixes.
- use %pf instead of lookup_symbol_name.
Oleksij Rempel (6):
ARM: imx6q: provide documentation for new fsl,pmic-stby-poweroff
ARM: imx6: register pm_power_off handler if "fsl,pmic-stby-poweroff"
kernel/reboot.c: export pm_power_off_prepare
regulator: pfuze100: add fsl,pmic-stby-poweroff property
regulator: pfuze100-regulator: provide pm_power_off_prepare handler
ARM: dts: imx6: RIoTboard provide standby on power off option
.../devicetree/bindings/clock/imx6q-clock.txt | 8 ++
.../bindings/regulator/pfuze100.txt | 5 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-riotboard.dts | 5 +
arch/arm/mach-imx/pm-imx6.c | 25 +++++
drivers/regulator/pfuze100-regulator.c | 91 +++++++++++++++++++
kernel/reboot.c | 1 +
6 files changed, 135 insertions(+)