Re: Droid 4: suspend to RAM?

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Wed Aug 08 2018 - 05:05:18 EST

* Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> [180727 11:35]:
> Hi!

> > > Sorry but pm subsystem has debug mode that you can test in a easy way.
> > > You can even wakeup by any rtc alarm easily.
> >
> > Yes, that is how it works on PC (but there power button works,
> > too). Is it expected to work on Droid in v4.18?
>
> I tried setting up wakeup using RTC, but no, it does not seem to work:
>
> root@devuan:/my/tui/d4# rtcwake -m no -s 5
> rtcwake: wakeup using /dev/rtc0 at Fri Jul 27 11:28:44 2018
> root@devuan:/my/tui/d4# echo mem > /sys/power/state

Works for me here as tested on next-20180808, maybe you don't have
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_CPCAP? Maybe you are trying to use CONFIG_RTC_DRV_OMAP?

Then for deeper idle modes, you need to also idle UARTs, and unbind or
unload USB related modules. You should get to something like 160mW
power consumption with mdm6600 enabled and SoC suspended that way.

Then again system running idle is about the same with timers and
interrupts working so I'd just idle UARTs and unload USB modules :)

My UART idle script below for reference.

Regards,

Tony

8< ----------------
#!/bin/bash

# Configure PM runtime autosuspend
uarts=$(find /sys/bus/platform/devices/4*.serial/power/ -type d)
for uart in $uarts; do
echo -n 3000 > $uart/autosuspend_delay_ms
echo -n enabled > $uart/wakeup
echo -n auto > $uart/control
done

# Configure wake-up from suspend
uarts=$(find /sys/class/tty/tty[SO]*/power/ -type d 2>/dev/null)
for uart in $uarts; do
echo -n enabled > $uart/wakeup
done

echo -n 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode