[Regression] usb: xhci: Add XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH for Renesas uPD720201

From: Joseph Salisbury
Date: Fri Aug 10 2018 - 12:14:01 EST

Hi Daniel,

A kernel bug report was opened against Ubuntu [0]. It was found the
following patch introduced the regression:

da9970668948 ("usb: xhci: Add XHCI_TRUST_TX_LENGTH for Renesas uPD720201")

The bug reporter claims there is a typo in the patch that caused the
regression. I built a test kernel with a change to the suspected typo
and the bug reporter claims it resolved the regression. My test kernel
had the following change:

-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ pdev->device == 0x0014)
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ pdev->device == 0x0015)

I was hoping to get your feedback, since you are the patch author. Do
you think this is an actual typo, or maybe there really needs to be two
quirks?

Thanks,

Joe

[0] http://pad.lv/1773704