Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 4.19-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Aug 15 2018 - 21:28:19 EST

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 3:47 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Uhhoh. This doesn't work for me on my laptop. I get this
>
> BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000000
>
> But iooks like something jumps through a NULL pointer.

I have no idea _why_, but it's consistent, and it bisects down to

c647f806b8c2 "ALSA: hda - Allow multiple ADCs for mic mute LED controls"

where the previous commit works fine, but that commit definitely
causes the problem.

It still seems to revert cleanly, so I will double-check that a revert
fixes it on current master.

Linus