Re: Affinity managed interrupts vs non-managed interrupts

From: Dou Liyang
Date: Tue Sep 11 2018 - 05:38:42 EST

Hi,
At 09/11/2018 05:13 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 01:46:46PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

I think the right solution for these pre/post vectors is to _NOT_ mark
them managed and leave them as regular interrupts which can be affinity
controlled and also can move freely on hotplug.

Yes, agreed. Marking the pre/post vector as managed was a mistake
(and I don't think it even was intentional, at least on my part).

Got it !

And, I am trying to fix this by:

-Don't set affinity for pre/post vectors in
irq_create_affinity_masks().

-And do not setup the desc->affinity of pre/post vectors in
alloc_msi_entry().

So, the affinity in alloc_descs() will be NULL, and the interrupt won't
be marked as IRQD_AFFINITY_MANAGED.

Is it OK? and I will show the codes after testing it.

Thanks,
dou