Re: Linux 4.19-rc4 released, an apology, and a maintainership note

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Sep 17 2018 - 08:58:41 EST

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 12:22:43PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> [ So this email got a lot longer than I initially thought it would
> get, but let's start out with the "regular Sunday release" part ]
>
> Another week, another rc.

Build results:
total: 135 pass: 134 fail: 1
Failed builds:
sparc32:allmodconfig
Qemu test results:
total: 315 pass: 315 fail: 0

All problems fixed except for the sparc32 build problems. I'll keep
building sparc32:allmodconfig for the time being, but I may drop it
by the time of the final release.

As for runtime warnings, the only warning left in my test boots is

WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at mm/slab.c:2666 cache_alloc_refill+0x8a/0x594

for sh4 boots. This has been discussed at

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/8/3/773
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sh/msg53298.html
https://marc.info/?t=153301426900002&r=1&w=2

but unfortunately the discussion has stalled.

Guenter