Re: [RESEND 0/5] drm/mxsfb: Fix runtime PM for unpowering lcdif block

From: Sean Paul
Date: Mon Sep 17 2018 - 15:16:06 EST

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 04:42:10PM +0300, Leonard Crestez wrote:
> Adding lcdif nodes to a power domain currently doesn't work, it results
> in black/corrupted screens or hangs. While the driver does enable
> runtime pm it does not deal correctly with the block being unpowered.
>
> ---
>
> All patches in this series have review tags from a while ago and I
> tested them again on top of next-20180913. No changes since last
> version: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/8/27/299
>
> This series stalled so I reached out to Marek on IRC and he was
> surprised to be listed as maintainer

Hopefully not too surprised since Marek added themself to MAINTAINERS when
adding the driver :-)

I suppose we should probably move this to drm-misc since it qualifies as a
"small driver" and needs a home. Looking through git history shows the last
mxsfb-specific change was back in 02/17. Everything else has been drm-wide
refactors. Thoughts?

Marek/Leonard: Care to sign up to be listed as a reviewers?

Sean

--
Sean Paul, Software Engineer, Google / Chromium OS