Re: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

From: Michael Woods
Date: Tue Sep 25 2018 - 19:49:04 EST

On 22/09/18 00:15, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> People can decide who they want to respond to, but I'm going to gently
> suggest that before people think about responding to a particular
> e-mail, that they do a quick check using "git log --author=xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxx"
> then decide how much someone appears to be a member of the community
> before deciding how and whether their thoughts are relevant.

> There are a lot of strong feelings on this issue, and allowing people
> who aren't members of the Linux kernel development community, to
> escalate the rhetoric --- either in the pro- or anti- CoC direction,
> and whether on mailing lists, github comment threads, Twitter, or
> Reddit --- is not helpful.

Your contributions to the Linux Kernel, your years of dedication, are all irrelevant, simply because they have not prepared you and the other contributors for an SJW attack.

The majority of us software developers are going to be below average at social interaction, this is not meant to be disheartening, it is reality, one that puts us at a significant disadvantage when up against SJW's.

They will apply social pressure to subvert your organisation and unless you are willing to learn what an appropriate response is, you will be defeated over time. Defeat means the current truly inclusive meritocracy will be handed over to political activists with no intention to contribute or maintain the kernel, they will milk it for all it is worth and then move on.

Luckily, one of the trade off's against lower social skills is above average intelligence. You all have the ability to learn the patterns of attack and appropriate response. Even if you do not believe this is an attack, but instead trust the CoC should be taken at face value, it should behove you to at least read up on recent events, the history of CoC's, their intended purpose and the fruits of their application.

The information is out there [1][2][3][4], I implore you to study it before throwing away one of the greatest achievements of our time.

Ted, as a now notorious "rape apologist" [5], you already have first hand experience of their social attacks, reality, truth & perspective are all irrelevant in the land of SJW's. Backing down or giving them what they want will be seen as a weakness to be exploited further. Stop pandering to them because it is more uncomfortable to stand your ground, learn how to attack back or you will have no position from which to pander.

Regards,
Michael

[1] https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/1041818086024798208?s=19
[2] https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/9527065194/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_cmps_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews