Re: Contributors can not just rescind the license (Legal Opinion)

From: Adam Borowski
Date: Fri Sep 28 2018 - 06:42:41 EST

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 11:31:32AM +0200, www.Advocati.org wrote:
> CONTRIBUTORS CAN NOT JUST RESCIND THE LICENSE
> THEY GRANTED UNDER GPLv2. IT IS *COPYLEFTED*

> A letter from 17.09.2018 by @observerofaffairs
> titled 'GPL version 2 is a bare license. Recind. (Regarding (future)
> Code of Conduct Bannings)'
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/9/17/1174,

> repeated by another letter from 20.09.2018 by @unconditionedwitness
> titled 'Re: A Plea to Unfuck our Codes of Conduct'
> https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/

You're responding to trolling by our dear MikeeUSA, whom most of us long
since learned to recognize and ignore. There are better uses for your time
than responding to a notorious cartooney.

He's as nasty a troll as CoralineAda, and about as harmful to the community.

Meow!
--
âââââââ 10 people enter a bar:
âââââââ â 1 who understands binary,