Re: [GIT PULL linux-next] Add Compiler Attributes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Tue Oct 02 2018 - 17:11:28 EST

Hi Miguel,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 15:47:12 +0200 Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Compiler Attributes series has been stable for 10+ days. To
> increase testing before 4.20, I would to request it being picked up
> for -next.
>
> The changes w.r.t. v5 in the LKML:
>
> - Rebased on top of next-20180928, which required removing

Unfortunately, trees/branches included in linux-next must be based on
something stable (usually Linus' tree, but it could be another
tree/branch that is included in linux-next that does not rebase).
Linux-next itself rebases every day, so snything based on it would drag
in a previous version of all the other trees :-(

> aligned_largest, which was removed by 9503cd9cbaba
> ("include/linux/compiler*.h: add version detection to
> asm_volatile_goto").

That commit is from Andrew's patch series which also rebases (usually
at least every week), so you cannot depend on it.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell