Re: [GIT PULL linux-next] Add Compiler Attributes tree

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Wed Oct 03 2018 - 17:41:25 EST

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 11:23 PM Miguel Ojeda
<miguel.ojeda.sandonis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 5:33 PM Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > had done with full consideration, specifically for this reason. Even
> > if the definition was different, my definition *had* been fully tested
> > with over a 27+ VM hours of regression testing, and if it turned out

I forgot to mention that if the definitions were different, it could
have caused a problem, because your definition wouldn't apply, so your
27+ hours of testing wouldn't have mattered :-P Without the #ifndef,
we would have at least got a redefinition warning about it.

Cheers,
Miguel