Re: PROPOSAL: Extend inline asm syntax with size spec

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sat Oct 13 2018 - 17:41:20 EST

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 12:14:02AM +0300, Alexander Monakov wrote:
> I apologize for coming in late here with an alternative proposal, but would
> you be happy if GCC gave you a way to designate a portion of the asm template
> string that shouldn't be counted as its cost because it doesn't go into the
> .text section? This wouldn't interact with your redefinitions of the inline
> keyword, and you could do something like (assuming we go with %` ... %`
> delimiters)

I don't mind it but I see you guys are still discussing what would be
the better solution here, on the gcc ML. And we, as one user, are a
happy camper as long as it does what it is meant to do. But how the
feature looks like syntactically is something for gcc folk to decide as
they're going to support it for the foreseeable future and I'm very well
aware of how important it is for a supportable feature to be designed
properly.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.