Re: 32-bit poweroc compile failure in v4.19-rc7-166-g7ec21823634d

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Mon Oct 15 2018 - 08:21:46 EST

I tried to test the fix to 32-bit poweroc boot hang but found that current git does not compile on 32bit poweroc at all for me:

That's GCC 8 I think?

Yes, gcc version 8.2.0 (Debian 8.2.0-7).

I have seen that but couldn't work out what the hell GCC is thinking.

I don't think there's an actual bug, the size of the copy is bounded by
the count parameter, which *doesn't* come from user space, it's hard
coded.

I suspect the logic is just to convoluted for GCC.

We should fix it somehow, but I haven't worked out what's the best option.

cheers

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>