Re: Crash in msm serial on dragonboard with ftrace bootargs

From: Sai Prakash Ranjan
Date: Tue Oct 16 2018 - 15:01:19 EST

On 10/17/2018 12:11 AM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 23:55:14 +0530
Sai Prakash Ranjan <saiprakash.ranjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/16/2018 11:46 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:

[ Removed ivan.ivanov@xxxxxxxxxx due to getting mail delivery errors ]

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 23:35:00 +0530
Sai Prakash Ranjan <saiprakash.ranjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok got it, this sounds fun. I'll give it a try.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Now, I can trigger this crash reboot with "ftrace=function
ftrace_filter=f*,g*,h*,i*,j*,k*,l*,m*,n*,o*,p*,q*"

Does it crash with just "f*" or "g*" or any singularity of the above?

Hmm, I wonder if it is from tracing msm_read?

Haa seems like you are right! With "ftrace=function ftrace_filter=msm_read" , I can trigger the crash, but
sadly "ftrace_notrace=msm_read" also crashes.

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation