Re: protected pins and debugfs

From: Sodagudi Prasad
Date: Tue Oct 16 2018 - 22:00:49 EST

On 2018-10-07 23:04, Stephen Boyd wrote:
Quoting Sodagudi Prasad (2018-10-03 05:38:24)

for (i = 0; i < chip->ngpio; i++, gpio++) {
+ label = gpiochip_is_requested(chip, i);
+ if (!label)
+ continue;
msm_gpio_dbg_show_one(s, NULL, chip, i, gpio);
- seq_puts(s, "\n");
}
}

Does something not work with the following code in
msm_gpio_dbg_show_one()?

if (!gpiochip_line_is_valid(chip, offset))
return;

Hi Stephen,
I didnt realize that these changes are merged on tip. I was testing on
4.14 kernel.

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/878107/
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/878106/
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/878109/

Hi Stephen,

After checking this further, adding "gpio-reserved-ranges" in not good option. Because of the following reasons.
1) These gpio information changes from platform to platform. So need to maintain reserved-range properly for each platform.
2) Also some of the gpio can be changed to secure/protected gpio dynamically based on the use case.

It looks adding the "gpio-reserved-ranges" ranges is not good option for most of the platforms.

Can you please check the initial patch suggested in this thread? Please let me know if you have any other options for the above points.

-Thanks, Prasad

I will add "gpio-reserved-ranges" to internal platforms and this issue
should not be observed.

-thanks, Prasad

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project