Re: Memory management issue in 4.18.15

From: Roman Gushchin
Date: Mon Oct 22 2018 - 11:08:44 EST

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:33:22AM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> Cc som more people.
>
> I am wondering why 172b06c32b94 ("mm: slowly shrink slabs with a
> relatively small number of objects") has been backported to the stable
> tree when not marked that way. Put that aside it seems likely that the
> upstream kernel will have the same issue I suspect. Roman, could you
> have a look please?

Sure, already looking... Spock provided some useful details, and I think,
I know what's happening... Hope to propose a solution soon.

RE backporting: I'm slightly surprised that only one patch of the memcg
reclaim fix series has been backported. Either all or none makes much more
sense to me.

Thanks!