Re: Git pull ack emails..

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue Oct 23 2018 - 05:28:02 EST

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 09:41:32AM +0100, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> In particular, the issue is that after each pull, I do a build test
> before the pull is really "final", and while that build test is
> ongoing (which takes anything from a few minutes to over an hour when
> I'm on the road and using my laptop), I go on and look at the *next*
> pull (or one of the other pending ones).
>
> So by the time the build test has finished, the original pull request
> is already long gone - archived and done - and I have moved on.
>
> End result: answering the pull request is somewhat inconvenient to my
> flow, which is why I haven't done it.

I had this same issue, as I had full builds run and had to wait for the
results. But I had a much smaller number of pull requests, so I just
dumped them all into one folder and then did the responses when the
tests came back.

So I had the same issue as you, but you have much more requests to deal
with, sorry.

greg k-h