Re: Oops in current tree in i2c

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Sat Oct 27 2018 - 12:20:24 EST

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I *think* the problem is that the i2c_hid_dmi_desc_override_table[]
> isn't terminated by a NULL entry, and I will test that next.

Hm, that almost certainly is indeed the issue, thanks a lot for reporting
it.

> What makes me *very* unhappy about this is that if I'm right, I think it
> means that code was literally not tested at all by anybody who didn't
> have one of the entries in that list.

Honestly, my autotesting of HID tree is running on HW that doesn't have
i2c transport at all, only USB a Bluetooth. Something to improve I guess;
will fix that next week.

Benjamin, do you have something for that in place already?

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs