Re: [GIT PULL] Devicetree updates for 4.20

From: Olof Johansson
Date: Mon Oct 29 2018 - 01:25:57 EST

Hi Rob,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 9:07 AM Rob Herring <robherring2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus,
>
> Please pull DT updates for 4.20. A bit bigger than normal as I've been
> busy this cycle. There's a few things with dependencies and a few
> things subsystem maintainers didn't pick up, so I'm taking them thru
> my tree. The fixes from Johan didn't get into linux-next, but they've
> been waiting for some time now and they are what's left of what
> subsystem maintainers didn't pick up. There's no conflicts yet with
> your tree, but there are 2 conflicts I'm aware of. One is with the c6x
> tree and the other is in drivers/soc/qcom/apr.c. The correct
> resolutions are in linux-next.

[...]

> scripts/dtc: Update to upstream version v1.4.7-14-gc86da84d30e4

This update made dtc spit out a large number of warnings on a regular
build, due to a new requirement that a SPI node is named "spi". Seems
like an arbitrary restriction, but either way can the warning please
be disabled by default until them cleaned up so we don't have a bunch
of noise in the logs?

An example ARM allmodconfig:
http://arm-soc.lixom.net/buildlogs/mainline/v4.19-9418-g9f51ae62c84a2/buildall.arm.allmodconfig.log.passed
(162 warnings).