Re: [git pull] mount API series

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Wed Oct 31 2018 - 16:50:04 EST

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 7:39 PM, David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My objections fundamentally is that I can find real problems when I look
>> at the code.

I think the big risk with such a change is not that there are bugs,
but that we get the API wrong, and have to keep supporting a broken
API forever.

Were any of your objections of that type?

There's the argument about sharing of super blocks doing weird things,
but we can't get rid of that one due to having to support the old
mount(2) API forever anyway. That's not a new burden, and the new API
allows fixing this incrementally by adding better models later.

Thanks,
Miklos