Re: [GIT PULL for v4.20-rc1] new experimental media request API

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Oct 31 2018 - 18:32:28 EST

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:05 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But pulled,

I have no idea how I missed this during the actual test compile after
the pull (and yes, I'm sure I did one), but after doing a couple of
more pulls I finally did notice.

After the media pull I get this warning:

./usr/include/linux/v4l2-controls.h:1105: found __[us]{8,16,32,64}
type without #include <linux/types.h>

and sure enough, the recent changes to

include/uapi/linux/v4l2-controls.h

add those new structures use the "__uXY" types without including the
header to define them.

It's harmless in the short term and the kernel build itself obviously
doesn't care apart from the warning, but please fix it.

Linus