Re: RFC: userspace exception fixups

From: Jarkko Sakkinen
Date: Mon Nov 26 2018 - 17:06:30 EST

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 06:35:34AM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> And how would you determine the #UD is related to SGX? Hardware doesn't
> provide any indication that a #UD (or any other fault) is related to SGX
> or occurred in an enclave. The only fault that is special-cased in a
> non-virtualized environment is #PF signaled by the EPCM, which gets the
> PF_SGX bit set in the error code.

Could you not detect #UD from address where it happened? Kernel knows
where enclaves are mapped. BTW, how does Intel run-time emulate opcodes
currently?

Anyway, I've fully discarded the whole idea because implementing single
stepping w/o well defined AEP handler is nasty. I think vDSO's are the
only viable path that at least I'm aware off...

/Jarkko