Re: linux-next boot error (2)

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Tue Nov 27 2018 - 05:39:11 EST

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 11:25 AM, David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Please either use the Reported-by tag (for amended linux-next fixes
>> Tested-by can make more sense and is recognized too), or tell syzbot
>> separately:
>
> It got folded in as that's better than carrying a separate patch.
>
> I'll ask Al how he wants to deal with this since he's carrying the patches
> now.

A similar case in linux-next was discussed recently:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/xiSF9GdiikU/uBoyYyf3AQAJ
For such cases it can make more sense to use Tested-by tag instead of
Reported-by to not confuse people that the resulting amended patch
fixes some bug (e.g. stable will try to pick it up). Tested-by is
also recognized by syzbot.