Re: ext4 file system corruption with v4.19.3 / v4.19.4

From: Theodore Y. Ts'o
Date: Wed Nov 28 2018 - 11:10:39 EST

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 04:56:51PM +0100, Rainer Fiebig wrote:

> If you still see the errors, at least the Ubuntu-kernel could be ruled out.

My impression is that some of the people reporting problems have been
using stock upstream kernels, so I wasn't really worried about the
Ubuntu kernel (although it could be something about the default
configs that Ubuntu sets up). What I was more wondering was whether
there was something about userspace or default configs of Ubuntu.
This isn't necessarily a *problem* per se; for examople, not that long
ago some users were getting surprised when a problem showed up with an
older version of the LVM2 userspace with newer upstream kernels.
After a while, you learn to get super paranoid about making sure to
rule out all possibilities when trying to debug problems that are only
hitting a set of users.

- Ted